Deftly renovated in 2018 by architect/builder Mark Nelson, this San Francisco Queen Anne Victorian was attentively composed into an eloquent and spacious three-bedroom, two and one-half bath home with an equally handsome two-bedroom guest apartment. Featuring voluminous 10-11’ ceilings, the three-level home is illuminated by eastern and western exposures which brighten oversized and numerous windows and skylights. Exposed steel beams and modernized seismic reinforcement enable expansive and open-plan living and entertaining, especially on the main-level where guests are greeted with a rare, impressive scale and volume. The third floor offers an ideal three bedrooms and two baths, while a lower-level apartment features a two-bedroom, one-bath layout with private entrance. 1161 York offers one of San Francisco’s brightest Victorian residential reinventions.
Exposed structural beams flank each side of the open great room, which flows effortlessly to dining/media/entertaining rooms and onward to an open concept chef’s kitchen. The kitchen features a 10’ quartz island, a suite of Thermador masterpiece appliances, and custom cabinetry throughout. Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors lead to the lush, generously sized backyard with attractive landscaping.
The enriched living retreat is highlighted by an Ortal gas fireplace and wireless surround sound speakers. The main floor also features a light-filled powder room. The renovation bestows an open and voluminous layout grounded by wide plank European oak wood floors.
Upstairs, the primary bedroom opens with wide double doors and floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors frame views onto the garden. Custom motorized window treatments along with dual, custom organized closets enable effortless daily living. A spa-like primary bathroom features dual vanities, a soaking tub, and an oversized shower. Two additional bedrooms on this level capture exceptional natural light, while a fully outfitted hallway bath completes the third level.
Accessed via secure, gated entrance, the private lower-level apartment features an open plan living concept, two bedrooms, and one luxe bath. Polished concrete floors, quartz countertops, and Bosch appliances create a luxurious retreat to support extended guest stays, a work-from-home opportunity, or some rental income as this is a warranted second dwelling. The whole house is serviced by a Carbon, Fluoride, and Sediment water filtration system.
Featuring a generous one car garage with copious storage, the home resides in a storied neighborhood just steps from the 24th Street shops and conveniences. Sited minutes from Tech shuttles, public transportation, and highways, the home commands an ideal location among the best amenities of The Mission. Amazing cafes, shops, locally crafted yet world renowned murals and restaurants beckon.
- 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home + 2 bedroom, 1 bath guest apartment (warranted)
- 3,933 sqft (approximately, per public record)
- Renovated in 2018 by architect & builder Mark Nelson
- Modernized seismic reinforcement
- 3 bedrooms and 2 baths on upper level, 2 bedrooms in lower level apartment
- Open plan main level with 10’-11’ ceilings and oversized windows
- European, wide-plank oak floors
- Chef’s kitchen with suite of Thermador masterpiece appliances and 10’ Quartz island
- Primary bedroom suite featuring motorized window treatments, ensuite bath, and dual closets
- Guest apartment features concrete floors, Quartz countertops, Bosch appliances, and a luxe bath
- Guest apartment offers possible rental income opportunity
- Centrally located Inner Mission location near tech shuttle stops, public transport, and vibrant shopping, dining, and cultural offerings