The Gregg Lynn Team of Sotheby’s International Realty represented the seller in the marketing and sale of 79 Oakwood, a rare offering designed by Architectural Digest-100 Designer Douglas Durkin. After just seven days on the market, the Gregg Lynn Team presented the owner with two offers and the listing sold at 24% over the asking price. The sale represents the highest sale price for a condominium under 5,000 square feet ever sold in the Mission Dolores neighborhood.
A rare Architectural Digest-100 Designer offering, 79 Oakwood presents an extraordinary, top-floor penthouse reimagined by designer Douglas Durkin. Located on a beautiful tree-lined street just one block from Dolores Park, this two-level home has been significantly redesigned by an all-star design/build team to create an incomparable home maximizing indoor/outdoor entertaining, natural light, and the finest finishes throughout its 2,414 square foot layout. Four outdoor spaces include a luxurious, private terrace off the primary suite as well as a landscaped rooftop terrace with an outdoor kitchen delivering panoramic Downtown skyline and city views.
The interior architecture and design employs full-slab marble, laminated teak, bronze, and expansive windows to deliver warm, modern living and entertaining spaces. Pocket doors, bronze-finished staircase, and sculptural wooden dividers have been thoughtfully positioned to deliver both form and function.
Abundant natural light flows throughout the entertaining rooms. The gallery-like living room expands by Nana doors that open to a terrace enveloped in tropical treetop greenery.
A showcase in airy, beautiful design and high-performance, the kitchen features expanses of marble, a suite of Viking and Miele appliances, abundant storage, and ample prep space. Here, everyday cooking becomes an exemplary culinary experience. A large credenza in the dining room unites the open space with the adjacent media room, featuring matching teak built-in media storage and shelving -- concealed when needed by pocket doors.
The upper level is devoted to two hotel-suite-style bedroom retreats, each offering its own unique and luxurious amenities. The superb primary suite features Nana doors that open to a large private terrace with its own wet-bar. The primary office -- with extensive built-in storage and sliding doors overlooking neighboring Redwoods and hillsides – redefines WFH in an inspiring environment. Completing this impressive suite is a spa-like bath and generous walk-in closet outfitted with custom storage installations. Down the hall, a guest suite delivers a similar level of luxury, offering expansive Downtown views, a custom built-in desk, and a custom bath with access to its own private terrace.
The crown jewel of 79 Oakwood awaits at the third level: the entertainer’s roof terrace. Surrounded by 360-degree views of the Downtown skyline, Corona Heights, Twin Peaks, and the lights of Noe Valley, this show-stopping aerie features a gas fire-pit and an outdoor kitchen to ignite entertaining friends and family.
Topline infrastructure enhancements include a Savant mobile-enabled audio/visual system, motorized solar shades, radiantly heated stone floors, and surveillance/security systems. Garage parking for one car.
Located on one of the best blocks of Dolores Heights – one block to Dolores Park, Bi-Rite & Liholiho Yacht Club – 79 Oakwood enjoys a vibrant array of San Francisco’s celebrated dining and cultural offering. This ideal location maximizes the high-velocity of the city while ensuring a serene and luxurious retreat.
Highlights of 79 Oakwood Include:
- Two Bedrooms, two and one-half baths
- 2,414 square feet across two levels (approx., per tax records)
- Interior architecture and design by AD-100 recognized firm Douglas Durkin Design, delivering a modern yet warm aesthetic utilizing marble, teak, and bronze
- Entertainer’s roof terrace with outdoor kitchen and fire-pit set against expansive, 360-degree views of the Downtown skyline, Corona Heights, Twin Peaks, and city lights
- Nana doors completely open multiple terraces to entertaining rooms, primary bedroom, and office to lush outdoor escapes
- Savant mobile-enabled controls multiple house systems: audio/visual system designed by Metro18, iTunes/Spotify/Pandora, AppleTV, intercom entry system, motorized shades, lights/scenes, camera (roof and front door), security system.
- Media room on entertaining level
- Primary suite terrace with refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
- Primary bath with radiant floor heating, steam shower, jetted soaking tub, and east and south-facing views
- Gas fireplace in the living room and gas firepit on the roof terraces
- Irrigation and lighting installed on terraces
- Dual-zone HVAC prepared for central A/C
- Garage parking for one car
- Monthly HOA dues of $513
Finishes and Materials
- Custom-designed teak laminate walls in second floor entryway and most of the third floor
- Refinished Brazilian cherry floors stained in a deep brown
- Custom inlaid Carrara marble slabs and backsplash in the kitchen
- Custom cabinetry and casings in the kitchen
- Viking cooktop, Miele oven, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, and dishwasher
- Franke Little Butler instant hot faucet
- Heath tiles in shower/tub and radiantly heated floors in primary and guest baths
- Ceasarstone countertops and shelves in primary and guest baths
- Sierra Pacific windows
- Nana doors to living room and primary suite decks