Custom transformation by William Turnbull Architects of an Imperial floor plan at Russian Hill’s 1750 Taylor, featuring large glass walls on three sides delivering dramatic views of the City, the full North Bay and myriad landmarks.
Following a multi-year design and build, #1401 was transformed to create broadly opened and free-flowing living spaces that connect interiors with the astounding topography across the Bay Area. The clever layout provides for intimate living yet expands for large-scale entertaining amidst the most panoramic, North Bay vistas available in San Francisco.
The apartment begins with a curvilinear library of warm anigre veneer paneling – a contemporary space with architectural, vaulted ceilings and custom lighting. First view is to Coit Tower, perfectly framed in an eastern window. Wall panels open to a concealed wet bar, then a television display.
The undulating ceiling extends to the large living room with a walk-out terrace to view all north and East Bay landmarks, including the Bay Bridge and downtown. Dividing the public and private spaces, the substantial dining room for twelve features an elliptical ceiling of silver-leaf foil. Opening to the dining room, the kitchen shares the Alcatraz view. Featuring north and west exposures that include the Golden Gate Bridge, the master bedroom suite includes pocket partitions that open and close to expand the view. The en-suite guest bedroom and terrace feature western and southern views. A dome-crowned corridor connects the entertaining spaces with a powder room, laundry room, utility closet, kitchen, and guest bedroom.
Known as the “Royal Towers,” 1750 Taylor is a full-service co-operative apartment with a large staff of professionals designed to simplify city living: 24-hour doorman, engineering, maintenance and janitorial staff are led by the city’s leading on-site residential manager. Amenities include sophisticated security protocols, a large and well-outfitted fitness center and an enclosed swimming pool with retractable glass roof suitable for year-round use. Additional luxuries include three-car parking and three storage units.
· 3,640± sq.ft. Imperial Floor Plan at 1750 Taylor/The Royal Towers
· Two Bedrooms, two and one-half baths
· 270-degrees of views capture full North Bay, Alcatraz, Coit Tower, downtown, Sutro Tower and more…
· Sophisticated scene lighting systems and motorized shades throughout
· Central air-conditioning and heat
· Designed by William Turnbull Architects and interior designer Jacques Quisquarter
· Three-car parking and three storage units
· Large fitness room and outdoor pool with retractable glass roof
· Full-service building with on-site management and 24-Hour doorman